Dress For Success
DRESS FOR SUCCESS IN YOUR INTERVIEW
- “You only get one chance to make a good first impression”
- Before you open your mouth, your clothes speak for you.
- Solid color, conservative suit dark blue, gray, or black no brown, tan, or green
- The dark olive suit would be acceptable since it is in style and seen in business circles
- White, long sleeve dress shirt no colored shirts. A white dress shirt says “Professionalism”
- Have your dry cleaner fold your shirt instead of on a hanger – it avoids wrinkles in the morning
- Conservative silk professional tie, no Road Runner or Tabasco Bottle ties
- Dark, well-polished, professional leather shoes and matching belt
- Dark professional long socks
- Very little jewelry but a class ring or wedding ring would be awesome; no earrings
- Neat, professional hairstyle; a haircut is highly recommended
- No facial hair but if you must neat and trim, please. Beards seem to be more prevalent these days.
- Very little after-shave or better yet, none.
- Neat, clean, and trimmed nails
- Professional leather portfolio or notebook for taking notes, having your questions prepared, and extra resumes
- Professional pens such as Cross Classic in gold or gold-filled no Bics or plastic pens. Your pen will be “front and center” at all times so make the best of it
- Small travel kit of toothpaste, brush, and floss to refresh yourself on break and after lunch. A refresh will make you more confident.